Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool...


Ethan

I love this kid.


He reminds me not to take life too seriously.


It was one of those mornings. Woke up with my list of "things to do", a long list at that. Rolled out of bed, threw some clothes on, began my day. Headed toward the kitchen to fetch myself some breakfast. I look up at the clock. It reads 10:30am. NO! It can't be. Look at another clock. Same result. Did I really sleep until 10:30am? CRAP! I am soooo behind. Grab the laptop and login. Hmmm. Suspicious. Lower right hand clock on the Sony Vaio reads 8:30am.

Meanwhile, Ethan still slumbers in his bed upstairs. I hear footsteps approaching from the basement, it's Mike..."I know, he got me too. I thought I missed my morning meeting". We both couldn't help but laugh. It didn't even occur to me that it was April 1st. Good thing I have an eleven year old that will never let me forget.

2 comments:

korie said...

Good one Ethan! That's pretty funny.

the blacks said...

He must be related to Mike- Mike was always scheming of what he would do next... I think he still does! I tell you there is more where that came from with Ethan! That pretty good!