Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"When are you due?"

I am thinking of starting my own maternity wear business. Perhaps a T-shirt line with quotes like "My due date is ___, so don't ask" or how about "if I don't know you, don't tell me about your birthing experiences"!

For some reason, I have been bombarded this pregnancy by random strangers who feel obligated in some way to give me "advice" or go into explicit detail of their own special deliveries. At first, I was flattered that I could still be mistaken for a first-time mom to be. But, it's starting to get a little creepy.

Tonight while grocery shopping, an overweight, middle-aged, greasy woman, felt so inclined to share her delivery experience with me. I tried to be polite. It didn't work. I was at the other end of the cereal isle before she even realized I had started to walk away! She took a few quick, sharp turns to avoid the oatmeal and syrup display, and was soon back at my side to continue her story. By the time we reached the milk case, vomit had already started to climb the back of my throat. Saved by the fresh aroma of oranges, I quickly proceeded to the checkout stand to get as far away from this woman as possible.

I just don't get it? I don't go shopping in hopes that a seasoned woman will be there to "enlighten" me on this aspect of life. If I really want details about other women and their disgusting deliveries...I will turn the T.V. on and watch TLC!

5 comments:

the blacks said...

You have such a way of putting things so light and delicate! I love it!

When are you due??? HA HA...

korie said...

Sara! Love it! Just be glad you don't have to take your kids to school every day right now. This gets you out of all the moms at school saying, "You haven't had that baby yet?"

Anyways...I'm gonna come see you when you have that baby! Love ya!

stephgoett said...

And this is way I love you! You always crack me up!

Alyssa said...

Do you want to hear my birthing story again? As a matter of fact, next time I see you, I'll play you the video. It's fun family entertainment!

the blacks said...

For the love- post some picks of the new babe!