Sunday, July 4, 2010

BELOVED

Have you ever seen Mike's car? I refer to it only as "Mike's car", because I have nothing more to do with it after the events of yesterday.
Let me just start by taking a moment to highlight some of my favorite things about the beloved 1992 vintage Acura Vigor....

Not too bad from the outside...right?

This feature is by far my favorite...No exit handle on the driver side!
Mike once took his car in for emission testing and conveniently forgot to tell the operator how to get out of his car. After only a few minutes of brief panic and embarrassment, the operator was able to escape, and quickly realized the entertainment factor for all waiting customers on the other side of the glass in the lobby. Needless to say, the car passed with flying colors!

The driver seat. Appropriate looking for a car that has 300,000+ miles on it. When Mike re-entered his vehicle for the first time after I had driven it, he asked in disgust why there was a towel over his seat? I replied how I didn't like the way the foam felt on my sweaty prego butt after sitting in it for over an hour in 97 degree heat. After all, the towel was probably the only thing that actually worked yesterday!

I really can't complain too much. I have known for sometime now, that this really is only Mike's car. He has a special way with her, a gentle understanding between the two of them. I clearly crossed a boundary yesterday, and I swear on my life, it won't happen again. I can honestly say the next time it comes to taking Mike's car or riding my bike...I will gladly sew on my spandex and dust off the orange safety helmet!

7 comments:

alana said...

Sara .. this was hilarious!! totally just made my day.. not because you had a bad experience but that was just freaking funny - the towel was my favorite part!!!

Alyssa said...

In high school my dad would try to convince us our cars were cool because they had "character". Mike's has real character!

korie said...

glad to hear it's up and running still!

too funny!

love ya and miss ya like usual!

and i'd like to see this prego butt your talking about! pictures of you would be nice :)

korie said...

oh and they don't have to be of your backside :)

Shay Brackney said...

300,000 I'm impressed...at least it still has a door...handle or no! :)

the blacks said...

Don't mess with the Vigor- it has sentimental value!!

stephgoett said...

This is crazy! I can't believe it is still running! I thought it was on its last wheel in Tracy!