Monday, December 22, 2008

Eat more Beef!

I am officially boycotting Chick-fil-A! I know, many of you are already thinking, What did Sara do now? So we decided to have a night out with the kids and do sibling Christmas shopping and dinner at the only place in town with a play set, Chick-fil-A. Things were going exceptionally well and we were getting ready to pack the kids up and finish our errands. Out of the blue, a Chick-fil-A manager who we wont mention (BETTY!) heads to the play area with fire in her eyes and starts to reprimand Abbi and Madison. She proceeds to put my girls in a time out? What? Apparently they think five year olds are concerned with reading the fine print in the play area that says playing on top of the play equipment is dangerous! At this point I was a little confused, but wanted my kids to understand other forms of authority, like minimum wage night managers at a wanna be health fast food joint. I calmly explained that I had seen my girls on top of the play equipment and was going to handle the situation and would appreciate her speaking to me before she punished my children for something they didn't fully understand. This is where things got a little out of control. The managers name who we aren't mentioning (BETTY!) would not let me get a full sentence out. Every time I would try to explain my point of view she would cut me off with bull crap like, it's a safety issue! I UNDERSTAND IT'S A SAFETY ISSUE! I only have so much patience, and honestly, my five children suck that right out of me, so there isn't much left for anyone else. After several attempts at being grown up about this, I reverted to middle school and began to yell at her and told her never to put my children or anyone else's children in time-out, it's unprofessional and insulting to parents on so many levels. As we headed out the door, I got her name, that we won't mention (BETTY!), and told her I would be reporting to higher management tomorrow. How infuriating! I brought these hoodlums into this world, and I think it's only fair that I get the satisfaction when disciplining them, not Chick-fil-A management! So there you have it. Another bridge burned in Castle Rock and an extra $20 in gas to drive to Highlands Ranch for a Big Mac and play set. Eat more Beef!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

NO WAY!!! I got in a fight with another parent at Chic-Fil-A, I know how you feel. I will gladly meet you at the Highlands Ranch McDonalds anytime. I mean, there is a Super Target across the street so it's a win-win for us!

6Whittiers said...

Okay you totally did the right thing! I would be a fire breathing B*#& at that point. Who does she think she is. Don't forget to report her. I will go to McDonalds with you anytime, I don't even like Chik-fil-a! Or the name Betty for that matter!!

jerseygirl said...

That's crazy. Normally I agree with peoples disapproving looks at Macy (she can tend to get a little hyper) But in this case, I'm in complete cahoots with you. No one should discipline other peoples kids and certainly not "a time out" especially from a chick-fil-A employee, Betty...you're never getting our business.

alana said...

OH SARA!! Way to go mother hen! You soo did the right thing. I only wish I were there for the whole scene. Name the date and time and I'll meet ya at Mickey D'
s. Betty .. ahh .. is her last name Boop?
I could learn a few lessons from you!

korie said...

There's a really good Golden Arches in Parker! And we can always hit up the BK near Park Meadows. Miss ya! OH and there's tons of them in Cali :)

Shay Brackney said...

I'm impressed you held it together so well. I grabbed my cell phone and dialed the "1-800-how are we doin'" number at McDonald's in the face of a nasty manager -- "how we doin'? Not so great..." yada yada yada...$150 gift certs and one firing later... :) Got get 'em mamma bear!