Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

What a great Halloween, we had such a fun night. Our good friends, the Mansell's, invited us and a few other families over for a yummy dinner before trick-or-treating. Sloppy Joe's, homemade french fries and frog eye salad...what a perfect Halloween dinner, YUMMY!

My fifties girls...Madison & Abbigayle

Cutest ever Little Red Riding Hood... Isabella


The flower that didn't smell so good...Gabrielle

The trick-or-treating crew...

(top row) Ethan, Kylie, Alli, Abbi, Mckell, Madison
(bottom row) Kitty, Bella, Annie, Kimberly & Gabrielle
Special thanks to the Mike and Loren for supervising kids while trick-or-treating and to Jason Butts for scaring the crap out of me and Stacey!

The Loot!


After a good round of trick-or-treating, we came back to the Mansell's for some good old sledding. Where else, but Colorado, can you trick-or-treat and sled all in the same day?

Mike, as we all know, is still a kid at heart. The Luge was way too tempting to resist. Check out what happens when a 35 year old tries to sled in the front yard...

Funny, I know!

This...is how it should be.

The sugar buzz in all but gone, and all that remains are the wrappers from half- eaten candy bars. Now that's what I call a great Halloween night!

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I cracked up at Mike because when I went sledding with my kids, the first time we went down the hill I totally took out a big divet of snow with my big butt. Those are the times you realize you aren't a kid anymore.

Mansell Six said...

Yes....Mike took a big divet with his head!! Thanks guys, that was such a GREAT night!! I don't think I have laughed so much!!

jerseygirl said...

What a great night! I can't believe the snow, and yes, pretty funny. Got a give the guy credit for trying. Way cute costumes! everyone looks adorable.

alana said...

can your kids get any cuter? looks like they had fun last night ... mike too!

korie said...

Oh what a great night. So cute those kids of yours!

Velzy was a 5O's girl too. That's funny. Once again great minds think a like.

Love all the food ideas. You know I'll be coping those!

allyson said...

sounds like a great night! You need to save that video clip!