Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's Showtime!

Last evening we attended Bella's dance recital. Her class performed a tap routine to zipadee doo da, I am so proud of her, she did a really great job. She went on stage second, so it was good that we didn't have to wait long to see her dance. The downside, two and a half hours of watching other peoples kids perform before you can go home. Seriously, it was the same 3 girls in every performance. I mean really, how many classes can one girl actually take at a dance studio? I guess if I was paying that kind of money, I would want to see my child in every routine also, but I am not. So it's really just irritating. The worst part was that during Bella's performance, a family with reserved seating in front of us, decided it was a good time to find their seats. Where has common courtesy gone?
Anyway, regardless of the discomfort that was endured for the remainder of the evening, we would do it all again to see Bella and her 60 seconds of fame!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I was soooo close to calling you right after our recital to vent about some of the people! there are like two or three really good dancers and then there are the rest. The worst part is that the good ones seem a little cocky and annoying. And what about the mini Derek Hough? What is that all about? You need to call me... or maybe I will just blog about it.

jerseygirl said...

so cute! I agree on all measures about the downside of recitals, but you're right, its definitely worth it. Good job Bella!